Holiday in Balmy Barbados
Famed for having some of the best beaches in the world, this West Indies idyllic is an attractive holiday option for any budget and those seeking to experience the true Caribbean fantasy. Thinking of pristine white-sand beaches, azure ocean water and rum punch cocktails aplenty...? You’re probably thinking of Barbados.
This stunning island has plenty to offer it’s visitors;
- Spend your days lazing about and topping up your vitamin D levels on one of the islands 80+ beaches.
- Hike, swim and crawl through one of the island’s greatest wonders, Harrison Cave. At 2.3km long and filled with deep pools, towering columns, stalagmites and stalactites, Harrison Cave is a real epic adventure.
- When it comes to lunch make sure to treat yourself to a delicious Flying Fish sandwich, a local favourite!
- Let your hair down at the best ‘lime’ (Bajan term for a party) in town every weekend at Oistins Fish Fry.
- Try to spot a turtle whilst snorkelling the many magnificent coral reefs.
- Charter a catamaran and head out to sea for a truly incredible experience! Swim and relax all day on the boat before watching the sun disappear behind the horizon – a simply gorgeous day you won’t ever forget.
- Get the adrenaline pumping with a surf on the Soup Bowl, one of the best waves in the Caribbean islands!
If the Barbados fantasy has got your heart racing and you simply can’t wait any longer then pop an enquiry into us now and our experienced travel consultants will be on hand to start designing the perfect trip for you!
Bajan people are as beautiful as the country itself
Bajan folk are truly some of the warmest and most welcoming people out there. A smile is never far away from gracing their faces. You can see this for yourself with a visit to the vivacious capital Bridgetown, a vibrant city full to the brim with history. With its own Trafalgar Square and Lord Nelson statue (that’s older than its London sibling), this city is like a home away from home. Bridgetown’s Garrison is a UNESCO World Heritage Site worth mooching around and if rum is your thing (if not, the Caribbean will be sure to soon make it so), then why not pay the Mount Gay Visitor’s Centre a visit to see how this delightful beverage is made.
If you’re looking for something a little different then why not head down to Pebbles Beach before breakfast at dawn and watch as groomers from the Barbados Turf Club walk their thoroughbred horses into the ocean for a good scrub and a swim. The saltwater works wonders on the horse’s skin and hair and the swimming helps to keep their muscles in good working order. Every now and then you’ll catch a naughty horse that just wants to roll around on the sand or one that simply can’t be bothered to swim. Often the extremely friendly groomers will offer you the opportunity to head into the water with them so you can have some 1:1 time with a horse.
Ready to sip a Mount Gay rum cocktail on a sunbed overlooking the ocean? Get to filling out an enquiry form with us so that our travel consultants can, with access to over 500 suppliers, begin designing the perfect Bajan trip for you.
Have you thought about linking a trip here with another Caribbean island?
Approx 8h 50m
When To Go
November to June offer the best weather here.
July to October can be quite wet with hurricane season in full force - be mindful if choosing to travel during this time.