Stunning LGBTQ+ Holidays to Miami
Miami is truly one of the world’s most fabulous destinations and is a welcome home to many LGBTQ+ holidaymakers! Whether you’re looking to spend your entire trip in the Sunshine State or use it as a base before heading across the waves on an LGBTQ+ friendly cruise, we’re confident that Miami will, without doubt, be a place you’ll want to come back to again and again!
Miami is a whole vibe! Its glorious beaches, energetic nightlife and luxurious accommodation options make it a stunning holiday destination almost all year round! Miami has truly established itself as a frontrunner when it comes to LGBTQ+ inclusion and celebration; the city is home to an array of friendly hotels and nightlife hangouts and is the host destination for a huge variety of internationally renowned LGBTQ+ focussed festivals, parties and gatherings that take place throughout the year. The city is beautiful, progressive and in love with the LGBTQ+ community.
If you’re looking for somewhere to go on holiday that will not only embrace your identity but help celebrate it, then look no further than Miami. The beaches, dancefloors and hotel spas are all looking forward to welcoming you!
Click here to see LGBT rights in Florida, data sourced from Equaldex.
Activities, Festivals and Nightlife Highlights
Identifying as LGBTQ+ doesn’t mean you only want to visit venues or participate in activities that cater to the LGBTQ+ crowd. There are plenty of fun experiences to enjoy and places to visit in Miami that are welcoming to everybody, read more about the city here. Below, however, we’ll highlight just some of the specifically LGBTQ+ friendly places of interest as well as festivals and venues (many of which are centred around South Beach) we feel like you’d enjoy.
Places of interest;
- Haulover Beach is Florida’s oldest clothing-optional beach and is a favourite amongst LGBTQ+ travellers looking to relax in the sunshine and make new friends. Make sure to head just north of the lifeguard tower to find like-minded individuals.
- South Beach’s stunning 12th Street Beach is a favourite amongst the gay community, acting mostly as a prime hangout for those identifying as male. However, it is fast becoming a firm favourite for both the lesbian, transgendered and straight communities also. Just look for the rainbow flags!
- Key West makes for a fantastic day trip from Miami. The southernmost tip of Florida is well known for its openness to the LGBTQ+ community. Couple this with its gorgeous beaches, colourful streets and Caribbean flair – you’re sure to have a fabulous day out! Read more about Key West highlights here.
- Gay8 Festival (February). A one-day Hispanic focussed LGBT art, music and food festival attended by over 60,000 people.
- Miami Beach Gay Pride (April). One of the most popular events of the year, bringing together all of those from within the LGBTQ+, their allies and supporters for a two-day celebration of pride and progression.
- OUTshine Film Festival (April). The largest cultural arts event in South Florida and one of the best LGBT film festivals in the world! Visit for a taste of LGBT culture without the stereotypes.
- Aqua Girl (May). One of the biggest lesbian focussed events in the world. Party and celebrate with thousands of women.
- Sizzle Miami (May). One of America’s most anticipated LGBT urban events. This five-day party is attended heavily by African-American men but all races and identities are welcome and encouraged to join the fun.
- White Party Week (November). A gala event where community, friends, family and allies are celebrated whilst raising funds for causes within the LGBTQ+ community. Guests here are encouraged to wear white and will often find themselves mixing amongst celebrities and other top talent from around the world.
- Twist. With 7 bars and 3 dancefloors, this is one of the must-visit LGBTQ+ friendly venues in Miami. Officially the longest-running gay club in Miami, Twist comes with a full calendar of entertainment such as world-class drag queens and DJs to help you dance the night away.
- Palace. Famous for its brunches, Palace is an LGBTQ+ and ally favourite. This watering hole is an entire vibe, with over-the-top drag shows, cocktails galore and a food menu to help satisfy all cravings. A visit here is sure to be unforgettable!
- The Cabaret South Beach. For chilled vibes, live cabaret and piano entertainment as well as expert bartenders delivering fine cocktails, make sure to head to this classy Miami venue.
- GLAM Nightclub. A sexy venue where you’ll find a diverse LGBT crowd dancing their socks off to Reggae, R&B, House, Latin, Hip-Hop and Old School Beats.
- Azucar Nightclub. This Latin hotspot is where the party is at! Flamboyant and high-energy, this well-priced venue will see you dancing in and amongst drag queens and go-go boys all night long!
View a small selection of our favourite places to stay below
Have you thought about linking your trip to Miami with New York or Mexico?
W South Beach
This stunning hotel is a luxurious oasis in the middle of South Beach, just steps away from the Atlantic Ocean. In addition to the large guest rooms on offer, W South Beach is home to its own spa, two swimming pools, a rooftop basketball court, upscale dining venues and its own nightclub. Classy but funky, private but still lively, everything about this hotel is designed to make sure you have an unforgettable experience!
1 Hotel South Beach
This beachfront retreat has been designed with comfort and the environment in mind. Reclaimed woods, ocean views and sustainable materials are as standard throughout the hotel's guest rooms and suites. Enjoy spa facilities, two ocean-facing swimming pools and an adult-only rooftop pool, full service cabanas, an array of dining and retail venues, access to a house owned e-car, children's club and fitness centre. Here you can relax, rejuvenate and spend time with your loved ones creating new memories!
Kimpton Epic Miami
Whilst not in South Beach, this exquisite hotel provides guests with the perfect basecamp to explore the very best of Miami. Choose from two stunning rooftop swimming pools and enjoy dinner and drinks alfresco style at their Area 31 restaurant. With complimentary wine hours, morning tea and coffee in the lobby, a cigar lounge, 24-hour in-room dining and the ability to arrive by yacht into the hotel's private marina, the blatant luxury here will leave you breathless!